Various members of the cast and staff from Lucasfilm are on social media, and Pablo Hidalgo, a member of the Lucasfilm Story Group, has been particularly open to engaging in dialogue with fans about the new trilogy. On this page, key tweets from Pablo (as well as occasional posts from others) are catalogued – the tweets included here are useful for clarifying certain obscure points of The Force Awakens, as well as potentially indicating what other developments await in future films.
- Pablo suggests that Rey learnt the Jedi mind trick from Kylo’s mind (27/12/15):
- In the script, a man is identified as the speaker of the “sweetheart” line included in the novelisations (9/3/2016):
- Confirmation that the “compassion” dialogue was filmed, only to be changed when the Kylo and Snoke scenes were altered in pickups and VO:
- In various tweets, Pablo implies that Rey is not a Skywalker (4/2016) (most of these were posted in the aftermath of J.J.’s comments on Rey’s parentage):
- On Instagram, Daisy Ridley joined in:
- Pablo suggests that there may be more to the absence of Luke and Ben from wider galactic events than Bloodline would initially suggest (15/5/2016):